Search This Blog

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Reckless Recreation:Random

Yesterday morning I woke up knowing it was a recipe day.  I thought I would do deviled eggs so I went right to work boiling the 3 1/2 dozen eggs we had set aside to age so they would peel easily.  I love our chickens but fresh eggs are harder to peel.

Aaron likes to pickle eggs, I DETEST them.  Seriously, sometimes I walk into the kitchen and start sniffing around to find what is rotten only to find that Aaron has just eaten a pickled egg.                
ANYWAY...
That is as far as I got.  Puppies, babies, life got in the way.  So here I give you as far as I got.




In case you want the "recipe" I put the eggs in just enough water to cover them and cook them on high temperature until the boil.  Boil for 10 minutes.  Turn off heat and leave them sitting in the hot water 10 minutes.  The empty out the hot water and replace with cold water.  That is how I hard boil and egg.


In other news...
The trees are full of goldfinches today,
and I always love it when I catch a bird in flight.
I live in paradise.  A snowy, icy paradise but a paradise nonetheless. 

These are books that I have read recently.  I loved the Hunger Games trilogy.  It was very engaging.  I couldn't stop reading them and listening to them on CD.  Free from profanity and sex though it does mention nudity but never in a sexual way.  There is fighting and blood but not in intense details.  Things like, she felt warm blood seeping through her hair or she had to turn away from the gaping wound and felt the bile rise...stuff like that.  These are not actual quotes from the book.


Then for a very different read.  Same Kind of Different As Me.  A true story of a homeless man, Denver Moore, a modern day slave and Ron Hall, a rich art dealer.  The two become friends through Ron's wife, Debbie.  Ron and Debbie are religious and their beliefs are evident throughout the book.  I can't remember what religion they are.  Christian...evangelical...baptist???  Anyway a heartwarming story that makes you want to not judge, serve and hold those you love a little closer.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

I've read both books and loved them! The movie for Hunger Games should be awesome! Love those pictures- you are a great photographer!