Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Deep Thoughts:On the Mend

I think, think I might be better.  The vertigo that has plagued me for the last week and a half has really drained me.  I basically spent the last 2 days sleeping.  With four kids that is an amazing feat and Aaron deserves a great big medal for making it possible.


Though out this time I have puzzled over what caused it because if I knew the cause I could just do the opposite and be better.  I think I basically decided that sometimes people just get sick.


So in case one of you ever has vertigo, here is what I did:


  • Chiropractic Adjustment
  •  Ibuprofen 
  • Zyrtec
  • Epley Maneuver
  • Dramamine
  • Neti Pot
  • Sleep, Sleep, Sleep
  • Water, Water, Water
With all those different things it might be safe to assume that I would still feel better today even if I hadn't done all those things.  Honestly the things that seemed to help the most are the Dramamine, Neti Pot and Sleep.

I look forward to resuming by blog schedule this week.

2 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Dear Lauren, I am so sorry to hear you had vergigo- somehow, it is just the worst.
I have a question: do you ever get migraines? Sometimes, they manifest in odd ways. When I get a true migraine (tunnel vision with sparkles, etc.) for about a week afterward, I have dizziness, vertigo, and nauseau as my body recovers from the migraine- because they are neurological.
In my experience when I suffer from something like this, only rest and hot baths with lavender do a darn thing. And Andy's massages. Time is the true healer though.
I am glad you're feeling better!!

Caitlin and Jared said...

So glad you are better! Waas this the first bout with vertigo?