Search This Blog

Monday, February 06, 2012

L.S.N.E.D:Popularity Contest

Hello, my name is Lauren.  I am 34 years old and I can not outgrow my grade school days.
Ok well maybe I did on some levels.  This was definitely during one of my MANY "awkward' phases.
 I don't know about some of you, but I spent a lot of time through elementary, middle and high school  trying to be like and to be liked by the popular kids.  Truthfully it is still important to me.  I worry all the time about whether or not I've said the right thing or if my clothes look right or if I have done the right thing.  

So the learn something new every day element of this problem is...ummmm...it's loose, but...


In my human growth and development class I read the homework and write an essay each week.  I work hard on my papers and I get pretty excited by them.  Then we have to read all the other posts and ask at least four other classmates a question about their essay which they must answer.


Every week (ok so it has only been 2 weeks) I post my essay and I get a great review by the professor, who then asks a question and I answer it.  Then NOBODY else comments or asks a question.  What is wrong with me?  Am I a teacher's pet, am I intimidating?  I just want everybody to tell me how awesome I am because if they do, then they must like me.

Maybe I should go back to chapter one and read a little more about Freud.  I think he might have been on to something with that "ego" stuff.

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

My guess is your papers are thorough and written clearly and people don't know what to ask! : )