Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Family Friday

Ooops I almost forgot to post today.  Here is a quickie more of a place holder than anything else.  More tomorrow.
Ok I worked for 45 minutes arranging photos finding links and playing with words and then the power flickered and I lost it all.  I haven't had the heart to go back and do it all again.  Maybe tomorrow.
UPDATE 2/26/12
Family recap:
Aaron:I may need to add some spice to his life because not much is different from last week.  We did go on a date to the chiropractors and then Gracie's for nachos and a doggie bag.
White chocolate bag filled with mint chocolate mousse served with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream topped with a shortbread cookie....excuse me while I clean up the drool before the keyboard shorts out.
Sophie: Her highlight was Achievement Days at the church.  Girls between 8 and 12 meet twice a month to do various different activities.  This week they sewed felt dolls.  When Sophie is done I will post pictures.  Also she has had a grand time (as have we all) with the window markers my sister gave us.
Ben:We got Cars 2 from Netflix and Ben has been doing an awful lot of spy play.  It is a slight variation from war so it is sort of refreshing.


Jacob:Ditto^ Also we started a new program which I will talk more about on Tuesday, but Jacob has been my super star!  He has been so polite and helpful.


Noah: For some reason I thought my sweet, mellow Noah would cut me some slack in toddler hood, but no, he is definitely a toddler.  Every day, multiple times a day he dumps about a 1/2 gallon of water out of the dog bowl onto the floor.  I am seriously regretting not installing a drain in the center of the house since all the floors sink to the middle of the house.
Blueberry lips from the bread
T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
I posted this photo because some of you will remember the boots that Jacob loved when he was Noah's age.  I had to hide them because he wanted to wear them all the time and they got really stinky.  There must be something about them because Noah does the same thing.  And yes...they are stinky.


Puppies: They hit two milestones this week.
  1.  Bo has decided to tolerate and even play with them a bit
    I took a string of pictures and in them the puppies are never in the same place and Bo is never in a different place.  I am pretty sure he was thinking, "If I don't move, maybe they will go away."
 2.  They love to wrestle with the kitten but this week they out maneuvered him.  I found them in a corner of their room with their mouths in a death grip on Sorrel Kitty's throat.  I intervened and saved the cat but he was a little loopy for a few seconds.
Wow!  They have grown so much!
Me: I am tired.  So, so tired.  I am very excited for vacation.  For this week my highlight was making bleuberry cream cheese braided bread.  A DELICIOUS recipe and a BEAUTIFUL loaf.  I made it for a friend but then we ate it so I guess I will just have to make it again...sigh, what a shame.

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Wow! That bread is beautiful!