Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

L.S.N.E.D./Parenting Practices

I was in the middle of typing a dry post about something I learned in class this week when I heard Noah giggling like I have never heard him giggle before.  I could tell he was near the puppies so I figured they were licking his toes or something to that effect.  When I looked I saw that he had gotten the bag of yeast out of the freezer for the 6th (literally, not an exaggeration) time today, and was throwing handfuls on Loki.  This act will require cleaning of:
The Freezer
The Floor
The Rug

The Dog
  • The Broom and Dustpan
  • Noah and His Clothes
  • My Clothes
  • The Toilet, because for some reason I thought it was a good idea to dump the wasted yeast in there (i.e. proofing the yeast.)  It is either going to clog the drain or make one HUGE loaf of bread.
How much damage can one kid cause?  

So here is the parenting practice I would like to discuss.  I have been learning about Love and Logic.  Although I don't like every aspect of it, it has a lot of techniques that I really like.  

So what exactly should I expect out of Noah at 19 months old?  I told him to go to timeout which he pleasantly did for about three seconds then walked away.  Can I expect him to learn not to get the yeast out of the freezer or am I foolish for leaving the yeast accessible to a toddler?  For now I've moved the yeast and...

This face is his saving grace.

No comments: