Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year

I am taking the advise of a wise lady and forgetting about catching up.  Everything that has happened in the last six months is encapsulated in my brain.  So I am back!!! 


It has been awhile so how about an intro.  (Ok fine I know that everyone that reads this is basically related to me but still I can dream, right?)
This is me!  34 years old and lovin' it!
What have I been up to lately?  My biggest exciting news is that I bought a new camera.  It was a huge deal involving researching for at least a year and lots of fretting about how to make the right choice.  I settled on a Nikon D3100.  I am very excited by it but so far I haven't been able to figure it out entirely.  I need to print the manual so that I can study and experiment with it to figure it out so I don't feel like I wasted A LOT of money.  Here is a sampling of some of the pictures I have captured with it.


I photo I took for photography boot camp.  This is for the week entitled architecture.
Knitting.  This is the first thing I've made for myself.   I love it even though it is a little too big.
Most of what I have been doing is wallowing in the guilt stemming from a serious burn Noah got on his hand from an iron while I was sewing.  He is healing very well but every time I look at his little paw-paw my stomach sinks knowing what he has had to suffer.
This was on Christmas day.  He burnt it on Christmas Eve.

This is on January 6th.  Babies heal so quickly.  We are still bandaging just for the white spot in the center of his hand.  Soon we will be able to just leave it open and massage it with lotion or oil each day.
I think I will call it quits for now.  I am thinking of restructuring this blog so that it has...well I guess more structure.  It will take me awhile to figure out what I want out of it.  I will continue to post while I plan things out. 

4 comments:

Abby said...

Oh Lauren. That burn looks so aweful - that poor baby! I am glad to see it is healing well though.

Caitlin and Jared said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Makenna almost ran to hug a complete stranger yesterday thinking that it was Sophie! : )

Mrs Abbott said...

Welcome back, Lauren! I enjoy reading your blog! Elizabeth burned her hand in January on a little grill when she was 16 months old. She cried for 2 hours straight, poor thing! She was ok though!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Lauren, I am so glad you are back- I missed you so much! I really look forward to your posts!