Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DT/LSNED/PP (i.e. I have to catch up)

Ok so I got off track.  I have no excuses.  I don't even know why but I am here now.

So deep thoughts....Aaron gave an excellent talk in church about revelation/guidance from a higher power.  For me that is the Holy Ghost.  

He said that psychologists have found that 99% of what we do in instinctual. That leave 1% for actual choices.  I was bothered at first because I feel like I make so many decisions every day, but as I pondered on it I realized a lot of what I do is just routine.  

I then realized that the 1% is when have to decide to put off the natural man.  When we have to choose to put off what we want for something greater.  For example, I really want to watch this T.V. show but I need to get to bed so I can get up at 6:00.  I guess I'll watch it tomorrow.  That was a 1%.  Anyway it was neat to think about.

Learn Something New Every Day:  I got a 100% on my fist week assignment for Human Growth and Development.  Things came naturally, I was able to work out a decent schedule for studying and I am no longer scared.

Parenting Practices...I am at a loss for that one.  This morning was one of those days where I was grumpy, everyone was whiny and I was WAY late for everything.  So I guess I need your advice.

Question:  The young lady I watch in the mornings stayed "home" with me today because she was sick.  She has a cold and a headache.  If she were my daughter I probably would have given her some ibuprofen and sent her to school anyway.  I am highly suspicious she stayed home because we have new puppies.

Anyway, shortly after Sophie discovered Jasmine was staying home (they are in the same grade), Sophie said she felt rotten and she wanted to stay home.  After much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth I made her go to school.  She and Jasmine love to bicker and I just didn't want to deal with it all day.  I did call the teacher and tell her the situation so that if Sophie was actually sick I could go get her.

So did I do the right or wrong thing by sending Sophie to school.  Was I selfish in making her go and having Jasmine stay?  

Until tomorrow...


3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

no, I don't think it was selfish of you to make her go. You are the Momma and you know!

Mitch n' Molly said...

You had a hard decision to make and you made a great one!

Hannah Joy said...

I would have sent the other girl to her house to stay home sick.