Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

W.F.D.T.R: Pizza

Pizza Dough
2 cups hot water
4 1/2 teaspoons yeast 
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons olive oil
4-5 cups flour
optional
handful of ground flax seed
handful of wheat germ
Water, yeast, salt, oil, flax seed and wheat germ.  My trick here...hot water.  Recipes always say lukewarm water but by the time you add the water to the bowl you've lost a few degrees then when you add ingredients you lose a few more. 
Add 3 cups of flour and mix with dough hook.  Gradually add remaining flour until the dough just cleans the sides of the bowl.  My hint here...don't add too much flour.  This is a very sticky dough and you have to use a lot of oil on your hands so you can work with it.
Cover and set in a warm place to rise about 25 minutes
I made 3 pizzas out of this dough.  One cheese, one pepperoni and one barbeque chicken.  I was going to make pesto chicken pizza but Aaron wanted BBQ and I love him so....
This was the reaction the kids had when I told them we were having BBQ Chicken pizza.  Jacob is plugging his nose, Sophie and Jasmine are looking disgusted and Ben was too I just didn't catch his expression.
This was Aaron's reaction when I told him we were having BBQ chicken pizza.  I will admit I was a little skeptical but it was SOOOOO good.
This is what was left when I got home from Wednesday night church activities
A little camera fun.  Oh p.s. I diced the chicken, sauteed it with some salt and pepper and then slightly watered down Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbeque Sauce.  Spread it on the dough, top with chicken and cheese and bake at 425 until cheese is slightly browned.

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I've had your pizza--it's delicious!