Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reckless Recreation:The Little Things

The other day Jacob had a little procedure done at the hospital.  It was no big deal and there is little to no recovery and involves a rather sensitive area so we don't talk about it much...any way...(insert awkward pause)  

While he was out I checked out the hospital gift shop thinking it would be outrageously overpriced.  But no, there were tons of adorable little sweet things all reasonably priced.  I picked out things for the kids and  a few things for me.  None of them cost more than $6.95 and most of them cost around $1.50.  At check out I was astounded to see that it totaled $42.

I rooted around in my pockets and slapped down the cash I had snagged that morning.  The cashier praised me for my sly ploy to evade Aaron tracking my spending habit (cash, it's not traceable!!!)  The kids loved their necklaces and charms and I am giddy with joy over these sweet little salt and pepper shakers.  They seriously make me happy.
Don't worry, I promise I won't become one of those people with a hutch full of salt and pepper shakers.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I can see your endless salt and pepper shaker collection now...
Seriously though - those are really cute!