Search This Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Reckless Recreation: The Birds and the Bees

Actually it is just birds but after you see the pictures it will all make sense.  Monday when I brought Jacob to school there were two deer at the back of a field just as the sun was breaking through the fog that was wisping up from the evergreen tops.  Did I have my camera?  Of course not.  Tuesday I made sure to have my camera but of course they weren't there.  However I did come upon a couple of killdeer.
As I watched them I realized that they were courting!  He was trying to attract her and she was playing hard to get.  This went back forth for a bit and then...wait for it...they weren't too shy to hold off until I left...yup I caught it on camera!!!!



I don't know why I feel so privileged to have witnessed this, but I do.
Ever since we moved here I have seen a bird that has alluded me on the same telephone wire.
I finally got him
And he is a sight to see
It's a kestrel.  Isn't he gorgeous!

1 comment:

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

hahaha, thanks for sharing the birds making bees pictures. hahaha.