Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Family Friday But on Saturday

We had a busy week as we were on vacation.  Mostly we worked on the garden and construction projects.  

We no longer have a front porch.  When Aaron dismantled the last part of it we discovered the reason why the porch was sinking.  We thought the porch was resting on cedar stumps but they were actually on cedar posts buried in the ground and the wood underground had rotted away so the posts were sinking into their own holes.  Next comes excavating.  Should be exciting.  

Aaron and I went to the Boston Temple yesterday.  We left at 7:30, dropped the kids at my parents, drove to the temple in time for a 1:00 session, drove back to my parents in Friday afternoon rush hour traffic with the van engine overheating so we kept having to pull over for it to cool off, we finally made it back to my parents around 9:00 and then arrived at our house at 10:45.  What a day, but SOOOOOO worth it.  I feel so centered and peaceful.  We need to do this whirlwind more often.
I think I officially need to be punished for playing favorites with my kids.  Noah is just so photogenic and so stinkin' cute. 
We had an Easter egg hunt and Aaron was asleep so they hid one on his chest.  He is awake here but for awhile he was oblivious to the fact.
He isn't fully coherent yet.
We went down to the river and tradition carries on.  We go to the river in the spring when the air is warm and the water is icy, fully clothed because of course we aren't going in the water but we always ended up in the water.
I love this tree at the temple
Also at the temple
This is where Aaron and I were married almost 11 years ago.  There was a young couple getting married while we were there and it brought back so many memories.

1 comment:

nook it up said...

great photos! LOVED the one with aaron. hahahah. And Babies are just fun to photograph. No guilt. They should be photographed more!!!