Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Parenting Practices: Judge Not

I hate to benefit from someone else's pain, but I am going to.  However my title, Judge Not is critical.  I am not judging here because the moment I do I know something similar will happen to me to put me in my place.  And to preserve this person's good name I will respect confidentiality.  (Your kite secret is safe with me.)  Ok you've had the disclaimer, here's my real post.
 When flying a kite with your children be sure to build in some way to save the kite just in case they accidentally let go of the string.  I am not saying this has ever happened to me.  Actually it hasn't.  

But if it has happened to you take comfort in knowing that I almost never take the kids out to fly a kite so statistically speaking the chances of it happening are lower.  And when I do go with them I rarely let them hold the kite for a couple of reasons:
  1. I love flying kites and I hate to give any one else a turn
  2. I care more about losing the kite than allowing my children opportunities to learn, grow, discover, and explore
So basically you are better parents than I am.
 

1 comment:

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

HAhahahah!!! we had a cheap little kite once, but it was broken by constant skidding along the driveway. Love this post!!