Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Snow/Nature

Just a random collection of snow pictures I have taken recently.

I laid down in the snow and these are the wrinkles from my coat. I just thought it was kind of cool. They almost look like a ski slope.






This is just a rotten knot on our french lilac (I am not sure if that is really what it is, but oh well close enough!)

When the sun is shining but it is still below freezing the snow s-l-o-w-l-y melts off the roof and refreezes as it hit the cold air. It curves in a really cool way and even gets icicles on it. I like the way it leans.


A pretty trail into the woods. It isn't so pretty when you consider that it is the V.A.S.T. trail (snowmobile trail, ) but it is pretty when the snowmobiles aren't around.

This is just a dirty snowbank that did the same thing as the roof by melting and refreezing. Once it got a new coat of white snow I felt it was photo worthy.

5 comments:

Abby said...

snow really is beautiful. we have had a pathetic winter here. pathetic.

Unknown said...

OOH that is a pretty trail. Is it safe to snowshoe on? or would those blasted snow mobiles run you over? Abby, there is no such thing as a pathetic winter. Only cold and snowy ones, and warm and non-snowy ones. :-)

Jennifer said...

Pretty pictures. It was so good talking to you, but it is also good to see pictures.

martha said...

I always liked the huge icicles we got at the Vermont house (even though it meant we were losing some serious heat). We had one last year that cascaded through a tree and went from the top of the house to the ground. But I think the new windows are helping and we haven't had one like that again.

Erica said...

love the rotten tree picture!!!