Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day All!! Here is what Valentine's Day has brought so far.

Heart Shaped pancakes with strawberry puree so that they would be pink. Didn't come out exactly like I wanted, but they tasted good! Aaron had the added bonus of heart shaped sausage patties (kind of an oxymoron isn't it?) I took a picture of my Valentine, but he pleaded with me not to post it since he wasn't showered etc...yet.

Blanket tent for the kids. Sophie is the first one to enjoy it.

Ben woke up with red rosy cheeks for Valentine's day. He says his head hurts. I took his temperature...103.3. We will see what this virus brings. I have heard there are some nasty ones going around. It looks like he is asleep here but he is turning around because he didn't want his picture taken. Who does really when they feel rotten?

4 comments:

Abby said...

pink heart shaped pancakes! Man, if i didn't have to work this morning - i would have made my valentine pink heart shaped pancakes.
I used to LOVE blanket tents. I remember as a little girl Aaron would make us these elaborate couch and blanket tents. It was SO much fun! We would each have our own little nook for a house and we would crawl around. It felt like a dark underground village of some sort. Aaron was always so much fun. Of course- it was only when mom and dad weren't there that we could make a mess of the living room like that. Also when they weren't home we would cover all the windows with blankets and play hide and seek in the dark. oh what fun memories.
Anyway - that poor little Ben. I hope he gets better soon. I can just picture his sad brown eyes. Oh Ben!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh, I hope Ben feels better! Poor sweet boy. Bacterial pneumonia is going around- what my kids had. Kids here in the Islands and Burlington area are dropping like flies. I think you´ve had the pneumonia experience before so you know what to look out for.
Anyway, it sounds like you had a love filled Valentines day!
And I laughed at your oxymoron- heart shaped sausages! I love sausages for a treat.

Hannah Joy said...

Oh dear. A valentines fever. I hope he feels better. It looks like you had a festive day! The kids are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

heart shaped sausage patties!!! WOW!