Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Snow Play...Again

Here is our snow play for the day. The sun was shining so brightly it almost hurt. It was a bit deceptive though. It was COLD and the wind was blowing. It never stops the kids though. I finally had to call the kids in when Sophie's cheeks started to get frostbite!

The theme of the day is tongues. For some reason the kids have them out in every photo. I am surprised they all still have tongues, you would think that they would have frozen.


Jacob loving the snow. He was just laying in it and grinning :)





My three monkeys in the tree.

This is the "house." Sophie frequently sweeps it clean and gets very upset when the boys bring the shovel or diggers into the house and make it messy because then she has to sweep again. Maybe I am overdoing the house cleaning lately...? They have a cook stove and refrigerator (milk crates.) They also have a pet watering bowl and sand bucket that are important, but I can't remember what they are.

Where would this boy be without a shovel?

7 comments:

Mummy. said...

Hey, do you guys live in Vermont? What fun snow play!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Itis really cute how they all have their tongues out!
We did not venture out- the wind off the lake was treacherous.

Abby said...

that is pretty cute with the tongues. Man it looks cold - I know those sunny but deadly vermont days. Its so gorgeous i want to go out but too cold so i just want to be snuggled up in doors.

Mary said...

What cute pictures! Those little tongues and rosy cheeks!

Unknown said...

What fun!! That sounds like a game from my childhood! Poor sophie. Frostbite? I dont think I would even recognize it if I saw it. I just remember andy Rousseau had a purple spot on his ear that mel showed me back when they lived in that tiny apartment in . . . castleton? And said he got it skiing years ago.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Ummmm, I meant to put the comment on this one. Sooooo . . . It was good talking to you but it is good to see pictures too.

martha said...

I love your pictures, but they make me so homesick!