Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beans, Beans, the Musical Fruit...

Ben's school has a bean table that is the easier to clean up version of a sand table. The beans are EXTREMELY satisfying to play with so I completely understand why I have to drag Jacob away from it every time.

Today I had the epiphany that I could make a bean table here at home (there is a note of sarcasm to my statement...)

Jacob had loads of fun, had a positive experience with beans (we are trying to get him to actually eat them, and I count this as exposure, ) and I just kind of think that beans are pretty.


8 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

They have done this in nursery and Makenna loves it too!

Hannah Joy said...

I occasionally do this with Harvest. They always end up all over the house somehow, even with me monitoring him and the beans are always awkwardly inbetween our wide floor boards. Beans are beautiful. We eat a lot of them. I think our bodies are so used to beans that they are no longer a magical fruit for us. How is Bo?

Karyn said...

I should do this too. I know that my kids would have a great time playing with beans. I teach a little preschool too. I bet the other boys would like it too. I like your picture of Sophie. What kind of photos did she take? I think that is great that she is entering a contest. I am glad you are posting more again. Now I need to get on the ball!

Mummy. said...

Great idea Lauren!

Mama Ash Grove said...

what a great idea! How fun for Jacob.

Abby said...

this would be a lot of fun! And they are very pretty too.

VermontMom said...

I love your blog. You just do such a good job with it!!

Unknown said...

The are pretty. It is a wonderful idea! Though I would be sad to lose them all to "toys". I only JUST had my first experience cooking with dried beans, and I intend to make a habit of it.