Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jacob's 2!!!!

Jacob turned 2 yesterday. I gave him a few options for cake and every time he chose Boston Creme Pie (which was really yummy, even if I do say so myself!)

I couldn't find the birthday candles. I tried toothpicks, but they didn't burn well. Finally Aaron thought of the tea lights.

I love that he has a whole cake in front of him, but he is still munching on a carrot which you can see in his hand in both photos.

Today (the day after,) I was on the phone and I could hear Jacob in the kitchen. I knew he was getting into the cake because that is what his has been doing for the past 18 hours. I had moved it out of the fridge because he kept getting into it. But he pulled a chair or something up to the knife drawer, got a knife and hacked away at the chocolate topping.


Is someone going to call the department of children and families to report that I took the time to photograph my two year old with a sharp knife? I really hope not.

Oh and there is no gift yet. I have been looking for this one specific thing and couldn't find it so we didn't have a gift on time for him. More photos when what ever it is arrives!

4 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

That cake looks delicious! Jacob does too. I could just squeeze him.
Happy Birthday to Jacob! And happy 2 year anniversary of your successful VBA2C!

Abby said...

I can't believe that baby Jacob is TWO! Yay Lauren!

Mummy. said...

I have a gift!

Unknown said...

OH NO!! I knew I missed someone's birthday!!! It will be belated. BLAST!