Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Things I Did with Joyce

Ok so here is a partial photo journey of my visit with Joyce. It seems like one or both of us forgot our cameras a lot. Once I get the pictures from Joyce, I may have more to share.

One of the mornings Joyce was here, Sophie's school had raspberry cream cheese danishes and I really wanted one! I decided it was something that I could figure out at home. After discovering how pastry dough is made, I decided I was not up to the challenge. We found a recipe online for braided blueberry cream cheese sweet bread. Here is the finished product. It was REALLY, REALLY yummy! Sorry I can't get the first photo to rotate.



We made the trek down to the Joseph Smith Memorial. We had a very nice tour and a ride on the golf cart down to some of the historical sites. By the time we got to the memorial it was raining, but it made the photo very reminiscent of our mission days under umbrellas.

5 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

So. . .where's the recipe for that bread?

Laurie said...

You came ALL the way down here and not even a shout out? I am SOOOOO hurt:) It looks like you had a great time with your M.C. I am glad you had a chance to get together. THe kids are just as cute as ever.

erica said...

Amazing job on the bread!

Unknown said...

The bread looks like it should be on the cover of a fancy cook book! Youd best be thanking your lucky starts I live far away, otherwise i'd be electing you to make that bread at every get together.

Caitlin and Jared said...

I am so jealous!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Only things missing from that last picture are the skirts and books in hand--that totally takes me back! So, what do you think it will take to get Joyce to start a blog?? (Or does she have one and I just don't know it)!?