Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Temple

We just spent the weekend in Worcester, Massachusetts, and while there Aaron and I went to the Boston Temple for the first time since we were married there, seven years ago!!! Not only that, but we have not been to the any temple since I was five months pregnant with Jacob (he will be two at the end of this month.)

Up until we pulled into the parking lot of the temple I could not get out of my mind that something was going to go wrong and that we would not be able to go. I kept thinking that someone would get sick, our car would break, the temple would be closed...but we made it!!!

And it was sooooooooo wonderful to be back to where we were married. I cannot help but feel gratitude for Aaron and the choices that he made in his life that led us to be married in the Boston Temple. My life brings me so much joy, and it would not be the same if I weren't married to my best friend for eternity!

And as I sat in the temple, completely overjoyed, I could not help but think how much I wanted everyone to experience the joy I feel being in the temple. I also thought of how attending the temple has a centering effect and perhaps the challenges of the last couple of years would have been easier to bear if we had being attending the temple more regularly.

All I can say is that it was a wonderful day!!!



I had to add this one because when we got married the temple did not have the steeple yet.

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

I am so glad you got to go to the temple! We have to plan to meet up and go together sometime!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys made it! It is so important to be centered!

Abby said...

Oh I love this post! That is so sweet that you two went to the temple you were sealed in after so many years. I love the pictures (Lauren you are so little! I love it! Isn't it great having a tall husband?[fiance in my case])
I loved seeing these pictures because I think about Brad and I being there in four months!