Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Electricity

Something crazy was happening to me...for a week or so when I would wash my hands, it felt like I was being electrocuted. Aaron thought I was crazy and I had settled into the idea that it was just my sensitive hands reacting to water.

But then Thursday both Ben and Jacob said, "OW!" while I was helping them wash their hands. And I noticed that if I touched the faucet I got a little zap. When Aaron came home from school I told him my discoveries and he tested it...NOTHING!! Then Aaron's sister came over and she felt it too...proof I was not crazy!

So we looked it up on the internet and found the advice to call an electrician immediately! He came and found that there was a wire in a junction box that was bent and as such was cracked.

SO, here is how all the pieces came together...a month or so ago Aaron put a metal heater vent into the bathroom floor, this was carrying the electricity from the exposed wire. As I was washing my hands, I would stand on the heater vent, thus completeing the circuit. The kids weren't feeling it becuase they normally stand on a foot stool. But Thursay I was holding both of them up to help wash their hands. Aaron wasn't feeing it because he has to wear shoes all the time because of the broken bone in his foot.

So it is now fixed, but I have to say that was the weirdest home issue I have ever heard of...and I am glad I am not crazy!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WEIRD! Extremely interesting! I"m glad you got it fixed! Was it very dangerous? or Just something that should be taken care of quickly?

Abby said...

that would be so weird to feel like you were being electrocuted while washing your hands!

martha said...

That is a bit scary, and funny at the same time.