Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

Indulgence

Wednesday night at Young Women's (the 12-18 year old girls at church) we had a Personal Progress kick-off party (normally done at the beginning of the year, but I am new and needed to see where every one was.)

Personal Progress, is the program that our church has for the young women and consists of goals and projects that the girls complete before they turn 18.


Anyway... our party was a P party (P ersonal P rogress...) and the we had to wear as many thing that started with a P. Whoever did would win a prize. I participated purely as moral support. The weird this is that one of the girls won by one item, but she looked completly normal. I on the other hand looked like a complete buffoon, with multiple layers of clothing, funny hair, toys in my pockets ect...

We had popcorn, pretzles, popscicles, peanuts, and many other snacks that started with a P.

Finally we had pedicures. I wasn't going to do it as my feet are gross (in my personal opinion.) I even listed to my friend Liz the reasons that my feet were gross, but she really didn't care! She very sweetly and kindly cleaned and sanded my toenails, clipped them and then gave me a french manicure!


Sophie wanted me to mention that she snuck in and painted her fingernails and served food to all the girls that were busy with feet!

5 comments:

erica said...

I wanted to see a picture of you in your outfit:(

Unknown said...

that is really funny, I was hoping to see a picture of you in your 'p' clothes!!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Wow. that is all I can think of to say. Oh, except lauren- your feet are not gross, they're very cute!
feet in general are a tad gross. Except for Asa's.

Caitlin and Jared said...

What a great idea! I, too, am disappointed there is no picture of the outfit!!

Jennifer Bundy said...

Hmmm, I was wondering just how many P things you ended up wearing! And if you had more than the girl that won!
I really love french manicures and pedicures- maybe one of these days I will actually get one! Tyson got me a gift certificate to use as I wish at a Day Spa, but haven't used it yet. Your toes look great btw!