Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Deer

I am a little short on photos of the kids doing amazing, adorable things because lately I have been trying to actually be more involved with the kids in their play instead of hovering nearby with the camera. So there may be fewer photo memories of their childhood, but at least I will be more fully involved in their lives...

So instead...this morning I was coming down a steep hill covered in snow. As I drove through the snow I saw a deer slowly and gently walk across the road. I was going slow, so there was no fear of hitting them. I was just able to watch. She crossed over the bank and into the woods. Then out popped a little baby deer, a little more frantic to reach its mother. Then another baby deer still more frantic to catch up with the family.

I don't know why I feel so touched to have been able to witness this. I love nature and anytime it crosses my path I get so excited. I wish I had secret powers to be able to live amongst the animals so I could get close to them. It would be so cool.

I digress...I just think it is one of the simple things that God gives us to bring us joy. He really does just want us to be happy, and I am thankful to have been given this little spot of joy this morning.

Please note that this is not my photo...just something to break up the monotony of just words.

http://www.central-vt.com/visit/fishing.htm

3 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

I agree, Lauren! If only more people could see the magic of nature- and appreciate it.
For a minute I thought that was your photo, and I was quite impressed! All the pictures we've ever gotten of the deer that live around our property are of them faaaaar away and running away.

Mummy. said...

Lauren, that was a beautiful story. thank you for sharing it. I could just visualize.

Erica said...

The words are great!