Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wedding

Aaron's sister Abby got married the third of January. They actually had their reception the day before the wedding. It was so nice to be done with all the reception stuff so that we could focus on just the wedding! I have added photos from the reception here. I tried to stick to photos that were directly pertaining to my family here, but I did include one photo of just the bride and groom.

Ben asked Abby very sweet if she would sit next to him. Then he proceeded to tell her that he loved her dress and that she was beautiful etc...I feel honored to have such a sweet boy!

Jacob decided to provide so of the music for the evening

Sophie and her cousin Ella

Abby and Brad

Abby asked me to make the cake. It was my first time ever taking on such a task. I learned a lot, developed nerves of steel and...had A LOT of fun. The added challenge is that Abby and Brad are vegans so this is a vegan carrot cake with vegan cream cheese frosting.

The floral topper to the cake

6 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

I can honestly say it may have been the best cake I ever had. And it looked beautiful- and tasteful (pun intended!)

Unknown said...

I didn't realize it was carrot cake, ontop of everything! BEEEEEEEEEutiful. If i was a wedding planner, i would hire you.

Unknown said...

ben is sweet, and probably wonders why you dont dress like that!!!

VermontMom said...

I was so sorry not to share these happy moments with all of you. Sometimes the stars just don't line up for the things we want.

Me said...

YOU ARE AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!! Please don't ever doubt it. That cake was a piece of art!

Abby said...

ben just melted my heart.
the cake was incredible lauren - i cant thank you enough!