Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Imagination

I snapped these photos of Sophie because I feel like she is balancing on a precipice. Let me explain.

She came home from school and very easily dressed up and was playing some sort of imagination game with Ben. She was completely at ease in her princess shoes and satin gloves

Here she is hiding and waiting for Ben to find her.

This is of course Ben's arrival.

Anyway I wonder how much longer she will play like this. She looked so tall and grown-up despite her adornments. I feel like she is on the edge of a big growth spurt physically and emotionally. Sigh...

2 comments:

Abby said...

i hope she can still play like that until her early teens. (13ish). i tried to make it last that long for me. i miss being able to play.

Unknown said...

yes . . . she might be . . . i remember i was so excided for sophe and ella to start imagination games, and now its almost over . . . or atleast comfortably. they might continue a long while yet but feel self concsious.