Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sleepover

Friday into Saturday I participated in my first Young Women's sleepover since my youth. I survived. I was actually impressed that the girls wanted to go to bed at midnight. Of course actually falling asleep took some time. From my calculations I went to bed around 1:00 and got up at 6:45 (I am not sure why I woke up, there was no-one else awake and nothing startled me awake...anyway...)

We were able to plan 6 months of this year's activities which will save a lot of time and planning later in the year.

We also spent some time in the hot tub. I am not going to post the photos here as I am certain you can find them all over Facebook.

We played Dance Twister that was a bit hokie, but still a lot of fun. Again these photos, while not flattering, are available all over Facebook...

Finally we played pool and ping pong. Here are some rousing shots of my ping pong game.


Oh I should mention that a good part of the evening was spent texting. While I have learned a lot about it and I can mostly do it now, I am not converted. Call me old fashioned.

I love working with the Young Women and I love the girls from Newport. They were a lot of fun to spend time with.

3 comments:

Abby said...

i used to LOVE yw sleep overs! they were a blast. where was it at?

CommonMama said...

The Pingree's new house

Unknown said...

yes, i have already viewed all the pics on facebook! hahaha.
just so you know, keith and i dont text . . . and it isnt because we dont know how either. expensive and really only useful for people in the middle of a totally hot social scene. (college & high school)