Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring Flowers


I have always loved forsythia. In fact I don't think I would have survived the MTC without the forsythia blooming outside my dorm window. Now I have one all of my own. Does anyone have any advice on how to care for it so that it is full and not scraggly looking?


Aaron and I had a difference of opinion about pansies. See I like them, but Aaron doesn't like their name. Imagine my surprise when I went to the store and they were labeled Violas. Not only is it a name Aaron and I can agree on, but it was my great Aunt's name. I am now the proud owner of 7 viola plants!

I don't remember planting these and as such I don't remember what they are! It has been fun to watch them emerge. Since taking this photo they have fully bloomed and I now know that they are Grape Hyacinth.

I also finally planted daffodils. I love them! They have personality. I mean doesn't this one seem to be speaking to you as if it has something important to say?

3 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Beautiful flowers! And daffodils make me happy- yes they seem to be saying something- they have a lot of personality! Ours are different looking than yours.

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You gotta love spring! Everything is so much prettier in the spring!

Erica said...

Please promise me that you will someday become a photographer.