Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Art Work Central

Ben brought home a stack of paintings he had made and I just don't have space to hang them all, or to save them all. I love each one of them so I am preserving them here for posterity. Some of you may receive the originals...





Notice how he signed his name backwards? He often does this with other words. Aaron says he wrote like that when he was little too.

Jacob was marveling at the paintings because we have only ever done watercolors with him so I pulled out the easel and found a big sheet of paper and let him go to town. He was so meticulous. He made sure to put the brushes back the exact way he found them, he did not mix a single color and he very carefully made each mark on the paper. I almost wanted to tell him to break loose a little!

4 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Wow, Ben is a good little painter!
Aaron did write his name backwards, I remember! We all thought it was because he is left-handed- but Ollie often will write backwards and he is right-handed. Ben is right handed too, isn't he?

Abby said...

Good job Ben! And little Jacob being so tidy - love it!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

That is such a good idea! Posting the artwork. I have a penguin framed. I need to trade it out since winter is over.

Jennifer Bundy said...

I think taking pictures and then sending to friends and family is a GREAT idea! I have done the taking pictures route, but sending them to grandma and grandpa would be a great touch! I also like the idea of "freeze frames" but I haven't gotten around to doing them yet. You take some picture frames without the glass, attatch magnets, then put them on your fridge and have framed artwork that is easy to change out. I want to have one for each child and they get to fill them and change as they desire, but haven't gotten to it yet. I plan on doing some rearranging this week, so maybe I'll have my craft stuff more accessible and it will work out!