Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter

I am finally on to posting Easter pictures! Aaron doesn't like the candy I pick so this year I got way more candy than usual in hopes of finding the right mix. What I have learned...my family likes fruity candy. I can totally skip the chocolate, except the peanut butter eggs. They were a hit. The chocolate bunnies were on sale otherwise we don't normally get those.

Another big hit were the airship balloons. They all popped before lunch, but the calories expended by playing with them all morning made up for the candy they ate. This first photo isn't great, but it had all tree kids in it and I wanted them all equally represented.

Here Sophie and Ben have green and blue light sabers. We have been on a bit of a Star Wars kick around here.

And finally a video of the balloon play. At this point the balloons were fruit. Yellow was a banana orange was an orange, green was avocado etc...My favorite part is when Ben grabs two colored balloons and yells, "FRUIT SMOOTHIE!!" As a parent I thought it was clever.

This is the secular representation of our Easter festivities. For the religious side we watched General conference and then Monday we did a lesson on the Resurrection. The next day Jacob's lunch prayer went as follows...

"Thank you that Jesus was on the cross. Thank you that we make mistakes and Jesus takes them away."

Even with candy in the way kids can grasp the underlying message of the season!

To finish out the day we had a hot dog roast. Not your typical Easter feast, but it was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Those balloons are SO COOL!

Abby said...

that looks like so much fun! Good idea to put the balloons in there