Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Weather Fun

For a bit we were having beautiful summer weather. These are just a few shots from those days.

Sophie had a friend over after school so I thought I would make a special snack, goldfish in a pond. I went through the time and effort of dying the cream cheese blue, spreading each individual cracker, carefully arranging the fish in a cute way, and the whole time I was thinking my kids will think I am so cool for this.

In the end they all had one and said, "I don't like these." Except Ben he and I ate almost all of them. Next time I think I will just scatter some crackers in the grass. Less time, less effort and the kids will probably like it better.

Ben and I played some barefoot ball together.

And of course my lively crocuses. My grandfather gave them to me a few years ago and I love them!

4 comments:

Abby said...

oh Lauren! That would be frustrating to put so much effort into something and hear those words. Gosh - it made me suddenly remember all the times we used to say that to my mom at dinner as kids. I think mom's deal with so so much - everyone should bow down to them and pay them wonderful favors all the time. yes.
I love the picture of Ben kicking! his arms are to his side and his head is tilted with his little foot in the follow through. so so cute

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

You did not seriously make those just for a snack?!! What a cool Mom you are!

Erica said...

I have been terribly negligent in keeping up on blogs but I thorouhly enjoyed catching up. I love the little peeks in the your family life and the day to day funny and happy things that come and the not so glamorous too.:)

Mama Ash Grove said...

Lauren- what a fun idea! But next time, just open the window and throw out a package of crackers. Save time. HA!
I wonder what they didn't like? It all sounds yummy to me.