Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Martha's Visit

My best friend Martha came to Vermont for her sister's wedding reception. She and her family stayed with us a couple of days. We had so much fun I forgot to take pictures. But here are the few that I did take.

Martha's daughter Lydia and Sophie reconnected like they had never been separated. In fact it was difficult to pry them apart when it was time to say goodbye. Donations will be accepted for our travel west fund!

Martha works at a florist in Utah, but she did the flowers at her sister's wedding reception. With 3 hours (an no advanced warning,) wildflowers, and my mom's flower garden, Martha created three bouquets for the tables, A large bouquet for the food table, and bouquet for her sister to carry. It was a privilege to watch her work. I want to be like her when I grow up!

Finally, here we are (with Annabelle) at the wedding. I haven't seen her for three years and it could be another three (thought I hope for less) before I see her again. Who knows what can change in three years!!! I may take on a part time job to get out west sooner!

p.s. I have sisters out west that we are saving up to see too. I just didn't want them to feel left out!

5 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh my, where has time gone?
Martha and I used to send postcards to each other as toddlers- well, our mother's did on our behalf. . . I wonder if she remembers that? Or if I am remembering wrong? I do think it was Martha Gile.

David and Melissa said...

Oh let me know when you come! Seeing you two together brings back fond memories. Maybe we'll meet again, someday. -M

Mary said...

Tha t sounds very exciting and the flowers look really beautiful.

Mary said...

Oh I forgot to add how I hope you get to see your loved ones sooner too!

Becky said...

Thanks for the P.S. now I don't feel left out! :) So who do I make the check out to for the "fund"? I really hope that you guys can find the money to come sooner rather than later!