Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Garden Stuff

Last year I planted my bleeding heart too late and I thought they hadn't made it. Then this spring they pulled through only to be eaten several times.

I successfully created a shield to deter potential eat-age only to remove it and have the plant eaten again. Back went the shield. When the plant was quite large I removed the shield a final time.

Here, finally it has blossomed.

Here is a view of the garden. I tried to label it, but I guess that is not where my talents are

In the front from left to right we have: Turnip, beets, carrots, garlic, and several types of onions. Cross the path and we have basil, brussel sprouts and strawberries, but only about three plants survived.

Then moving to the middle portion, again from left to right: greens bed with several types of lettuce and spinach, cucumbers are in front of the bean poles and potatoes are behind the bean poles, and the far right is all corn with a border of peas in a L shape

3 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Such a beautiful garden, guys. I am in awe of your gardening skills!
Beautiful flowers too, Lauren. I am glad they bloomed for you!

David and Melissa said...

This is definitely NOT my year for a garden of plenty. Yours looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing:-)

Mary said...

What a beautiful garden! I thought it was beautiful before things really got growing! Bleed ing hearts are very pretty flowers.