Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Anniversary

July 6th Aaron and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Since I am not pregnant or nursing a baby, and all three of our kids are potty trained I thought we needed to get away for a couple of days (you never know when the planets will align like that again!!!!)

Thursday July 9th we left our kids with Aaron's sister Leah (THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!) and went to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to the ocean. The weather was perfect! Unfortunately we didn't want to bring the camera down to the beach so there are no photos :(

From there we drove to Massachusetts and stayed in a hotel (oh the luxury!) The next day we took the train into Boston and walked the Freedom Trail. Again the weather was perfect.

The only trouble we had was that Aaron really wanted to go on the U.S.S. Constitution but they were refurbishing it and while you could go on it, the deck was tarped over and the rigging was not up.

On top of that there was a fesitval, Sail Boston, that brought SO many people to the harbor. One ranger said they had not had that kind of attendance in 10 years.

Anyway because of the crowds there were long lines and limited access. Basically, we will be heading back to Boston sometime soon so that we can go again.

Also there were several people we could have visited with, but because we were celebrating our anniversary we chose to be anti-social. So if we were in your neck of the woods and didn't stop by...sorry, but we will catch you next time!

I met this HANDSOME fellow waiting for the train, and...

...we hooked up!


On the train we struck the classic "Abby and Brad" pose


Some views of Faneuil Hall that I enjoyed

I love the combination of curves and lines

This is actually from the old North Church, but it kind of fits with the line up here.

I caught this cute guy checking me out from across the way

So I returned the favor

In front of the U.S.S. Constitution.

The Bunker Hill Monument 294 stairs ALL THE WAY UP. I seriously thought I was going to die. Of course my nerves were not put to rest by the emergency defibrillator next to the bathroom. My heart and legs didn't give out, but I did almost fall down some stairs on the way down because going down the circular stairs make me dizzy and nauseous.

I think considering how hot and sweaty I was and how fast my heart was pounding...this is a pretty good photo!


All that hard work was TOTALLY worth the view.

Further proof we made it to the top.

Looking up at the level above us.

All in all it was a wonderful trip where I fell deeply and madly in love with Aaron all over again. By the end of the two days families with small children made me tear up. It is true absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I am surprised how much caring for children changes the way I interact with Aaron and he I. It was really nice to be totally dedicated to each other again, if only for two days. I love where I am at in life, but I will totally enjoy retirement.

We will be doing this again. The question is when...

6 comments:

Abby said...

oh i am so glad you had a good anniversary! It looks fun.
And what is THAT supposed to mean? classic Abby and Brad pose? huh?

CommonMama said...

You know exactly what I mean. The let's take a picture of ourselves but there isn't anyone around to take it...

Mama Ash Grove said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! What a wonderful way to celebrate!
I was overjoyed when Aaron married you, Lauren and you became my real sister- and I am equally as overjoyed today years later!

Mummy. said...

I am beyond speech that you climbed up that whole way.

Unknown said...

What a totally awsome vacation!!! That must have been amazing! The "abby brad" photos reminded me of what pretty eyes you have, lauren, and what a great smile Aaron has. What an amazing trip, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Mary said...

Late Happy Anniversary! What an incredible view after an equally incredible climb! What a nice trip!