Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Day

Today was a good day. It started when Aaron and I were reading our scriptures this morning. It was kind of hot in our room so I had the window above our heads open. With the window open I was able to hear a turkey gobble clear as day! I looked out and there were 15 females and 2 males. When we first looked both Toms were in full display. Then the one backed down and let this guy take the show. I wish we had a better zoom...

I wasn't going to post this, but I can't help myself. I made a doll blanket for a birthday party Sophie is going to tomorrow. As I was putting it together I kept thinking this is so bad...why am I even spending time on this...this will not be suitable for a birthday gift...I guess it is time to try some other craft...and a number of other negative thoughts.

But now that it is all done I feel all giddy about it. I guess sewing for me is like cleaning the house. I kind of hate it while I am in the middle of it, but then when the house is all clean and pleasant feeling, it totally feels worth it.


And finally, Sophie was playing dress up and had a sequined cape on that was sparkling in the sunlight. It looked like little sparkly bugs climbing on the wall. I liked it.

11 comments:

Mummy. said...

Lauren! You are on fire! Look at that beautiful quilt!

Turkeys. I ahve neve rseen one on full display.

Abby said...

the turkeys are pretty cool. i love the sound of their gobble.
the quilt is great. that is a perfect gift too!

Unknown said...

I like that quilt alot! I can't imagine hwy you would think those thoughts.
OH THE TURKEYS!!! Little things like that really make your day! What a wonderful image. I am excited for you guys.

Mary said...

That is a treat all of those turkeys! That quilt is really pretty, you definitely have a knack, crafty mama! I really do like your posts!

Mama Ash Grove said...

the doll quilt is wonderful, Lauren. I cannot imagine you thinking it is not at any time! You are too hard on yourself!
As for the shiny marks on the wall: you are amazing how you see beauty in everything.

Laurie said...

I love your new background. How did you do that? It looks great!

Karyn said...

I love the turkey picture. It turned out beautiful! The quilt did too! Anyone would love to get a quilt like that! You did a great job!

Hannah Joy said...

You are inspiring me. I always hate what I am doing in the midst of it. I will think of you and push through. Maybe I will get some great finished products eventually as well. I love wild turkeys. We get them in Holland a lot-however never any males.

Erica said...

I think the turkey picture is fabulous! I am always amazed by your pictures. How does it look when it is bigger?

Jennifer Bundy said...

I have been MIA for awhile, but got on tonight and have been blogging around and came to check out your blog. You are so amazing and talented. Reading over your past accomplishments and projects, I am amazed! So good to see your family and I have hope that someday soon, we too will have spring!

martha said...

Wow, I am way behind on your blog. I'm used to getting e-mails telling me you updated it. Your projects are all lovely. Stop being hard on yourself. If it weren't a sin, I would covet your talents and home. The kids are getting so big I can't believe it. I love the dress you bought, definitely a good deal. You are an awesome person! Can't wait to see you in a few months.