Search This Blog

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Ben's Hat

Ben asked me to make a blue hat for him and I did! It is a little too big but it will last him a couple of years hopefully. I thought I had made this one with no mistakes but alas I am still a mortal. For some reason there is a wrong stitch right in the front.

Also I left my knitting down and someone (they have yet to confess as to who) pulled my needles out. I was able to fix it all, but there about 3 stitches that ended up twisted. It is very subtle, but I can see them.

I think it is time for me to learn how knit in the round (or whatever the correct term is) because I really don't like the seam in the back that looks like an awful scar in the beautiful pattern of the hat/yarn.

9 comments:

Abby said...

oh that ben. he looks so cute in that picture. i love the blue hat with the pom pom

Mama Ash Grove said...

great job! that looks like the same blue yarn I used for Asa's pilot cap: blue skyways.
You are a fast knitter!

Mama Ash Grove said...

yes, knitting in the round. learn how to do it: you'll never want to knit on straight needles EVER AGAIN.

Mummy. said...

that blue is gorgeous on Ben. and what a great hat. Lauren, you are on fire!

Erica said...

all the little parts and pieces give it more personality, and the seam in the back helps you know what part goes in the front.

Unknown said...

It looks pretty with his skin. I'm so used to my brown baby, Ben's skin looks so pink!

Karyn said...

I think that it looks great! I wouldn't worry about the three stitches gone wrong. Ben so cute, nobody will notice!

Mary said...

That blue is so nice! Lauren you are a super fast knitter! I love the pom pom, Ben must have been so excited to wear it!

Hannah Joy said...

You are learning so quickly. I am impressed. That blue is beautiful.