Search This Blog

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Quilt

I finally put together the innards of my first quilt. I learned a lot, but feel slightly intimidated by starting the next one as I put a lot of time and effort into it and still it is imperfect. That means I am going to have to put MORE time and effort into making a better quilt.

I need to follow the counsel of Elder Uchtdorf and just create without worrying about the perfection of the project, but it seems against my nature to do so. I do love the quilt though so I am sure I will get over it eventually.


This will be a lap blanket for the living room.

7 comments:

Abby said...

i love quilts. that looks great! who is it for?

Mama Ash Grove said...

Beautiful, Lauren! I have always loved blue and yellow together. whose quilt is it going to be?

Mummy. said...

Lauren, that is absolutely beautiful. Great job! whose is it?

Erica said...

nice work!

Unknown said...

I WANT TO MAKE ONE!! I think I will begin thinking about squares.

Karyn said...

It doesn't need to be perfect. I think that it looks great! You will get better each one that you make.

Mary said...

That is such a beautiful quilt! I really like your color and design choice!