Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oops

The other day I was doing some tidying and made the mistake of throwing these two creations of Sophie's away. She saw them in the garbage and became very upset.

"Mom! You threw away my creations."
"Yes Sophie I did, they were getting old." Cue the tears...
"But those were my special kindergarten memories."
"I am sorry Sophie, but now they have grease and food on them."
"You had no right to do that. They were mine. You have to fix this situation."
"I am really sorry Sophie, but how can I fix them?
"You can make me new ones."
"But Sophie, then they wouldn't be YOUR special kindergarten memories."
"Oh, yea"
How about I take a picture of them, then we will print the picture and you will have a picture of your special kindergarten memory?"
"Ok, I guess that would be ok."
So here they are preserved for posterity's sake. We will of course print the photo, in all its grossness.

4 comments:

Abby said...

oh sophie girl! those are very cute 'creations'!

Erica said...

What a little adult. I wish I were so eloquent(sp?) when dealing with conflict.

Unknown said...

I agree, Sophie's argument was so sophisticated! How do you parent such a little adult? Your conversation sounded as though you are the perfect mom for her though.
Good quick thinking though!

martha said...

That is what we do with most of Lydia's creations. We only save the really special ones. The rest we keep a photograph of.