Search This Blog

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Night


Halloween afternoon Ben dumped out the dress up and for some reason Jacob enjoyed riding around in the case, face down. Ben was carting him all over this house in the position.

Halloween night we had an early dinner and then headed out trick or treating. We spent the first hour visiting our immediate neighbors. Most of them are elderly and they really enjoy seeing the kids. For many of them, we are the only trick or treaters they see each year. After we visited with them we went to the village where everyone else trick or treats.

Sophie went as Laura Ingalls. I went the easy route with the boys and used some hand me down costumes. Ben is a cow, and Jacob a chicken.

7 comments:

Abby said...

That is hilarious that Jacob was pushed around like that! He looks so funny!
The costumes are great! I love Sophie as Laura - she is so cute!

Erica said...

It looks like a successful Halloween to me.

Mama Ash Grove said...

How cute! Ella will be thrilled when I tell her Sophie was Laura Ingalls.

Unknown said...

Does that mean you made Sophie's costume?? All three were ADORABLE. They must have had so much fun. How much loot did you get??

CommonMama said...

Sophie's costume is a dress that Mom made last year. It isn't exactly historically accurate, but that's ok in my book. Her bonnet was mine when I was around her age. As for loot...it is amazing how it builds up when you have three kids collecting and you live in a small town so each house gives you 4-5 pieces. We didn't go to too many houses, but we got a big silver bowl full (it is significantly less full already!!!)

Karyn said...

Your kids looked cute on Halloween. I really need to post about Halloween. Your pumpkins looked great too. I liked the flower. I never think of doing shapes other than faces. I need to be more creative next year!

Mummy. said...

and how is it that Jacob still has a face?