Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Jacob

We have had quite a challenge with Jacob the last few months. We always say he is our first two year old. For some reason Sophie and Ben never exhibited "normal" two year old behavior...you know screaming, irrationality, temper tantrums...so it has been quite a challenge for us to learn how to deal with Jacob's "normal" behavior.

However...it does seem to be turning out to be a phase, and though we are not out of the woods yet, Jacob's temperament is improving.

One manifestation of this is his ability to self entertain. It gets him into trouble because he gets into things he shouldn't be into, but I prefer it to screaming.

Soooooo......yesterday Jacob got into the baking cabinet and was playing with pots and pans. He has adopted this little duck. He calls it Baby Duck. He made a bread pan into a boat for his Baby Duck. He very lovingly carried Baby Duck around all evening. I am not sure exactly what he was doing, but he was doing "stuff" with Baby Duck and his boat. I found it all very endearing...now if only we could get him to go to bed at night!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is pretty sweet! I am jeleous that baby duck has 4 breadpans and I only have 2!

Mama Ash Grove said...

It is very endearing!
I haven't yet had a 2 year old who exhibits typical "2 year old" behavior yet either- though I've had challenges of my own! Usually involving sleep. . .

Abby said...

oh that sweet boy. I can't imagine Jacob being a 'two year old'. I left when he was still a sweet mild baby! I HATE BEING SO FAR AWAY!

Erica said...

You can tell how much he adores his baby duck.

martha said...

Lydia was never a terrible 2 year old. More like a threatening 3 year old. Annabelle had been a terrible 2 year old since she was 18 months.

Karyn said...

My kids have the terrible threes, not the terrible twos. I am going through the same thing with Micah right now as he just turned three. I can tell you that it will pass, and our boys will be sweet again. It probably won't happen as fast as we would like though!