Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Reckless Recreation: Proof

For years Ben has been telling everyone how he doesn't sleep.  

"Good morning Ben, did you sleep well?"
"I DON'T sleep!"

Dr: "Ben tell me how school is.  Are you eating healthy food, not too much sugar?  How are you sleeping?"
Ben: "Oh, I don't sleep."  Which every time sends a shocked look of concern with raised eyebrows from the doctor in my direction.

"Ben, it is late, you need to go to sleep."
"Mommy/Daddy, I told you, I DON'T sleep!"

There has been talk of things that we could do to prove to him that he sleeps.  They usually involve permanent markers, shaving cream, make-up and the like.

However one morning I checked on him, chuckled and began to walk away when I realized the moment had arrived.  I went and got my camera and took several pictures with the red eye light and flash and he did not stir.  When he woke up I asked some questions to see if he was just playing with me, but he knew none of the answers.  So I showed him this:
He was shocked.  "When did you take that?"  "I was doing that?"  "Why is my blanket wrapped around my head?"
That my dear is what we call...PROOF!

2 comments:

sabofamily said...

ha! does he believe you now?
so, Ben never sleeps, and my Sam is never tired. oh boy, hahaha

Abby said...

This is perfect! Reminds me of Garrett - he used to say the same thing. But one time I drew all over him with marker to prove he slept. Haha.