Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Parenting Practices: How logical, why didn't I think of that?

Ahhhh spring cleaning.  Opening the windows and letting all of the nasty trapped winter air out and fresh invigorating spring air in...that is what I was looking forward to.  But no matter how much I cleaned there was a rotten smell.  

Part of that cleaning was putting away the winter clothes and I figured I would wash the boys boot liners before storing them.  Toward the end of spring break, I pulled them out and discovered they were still wet so I tossed them in the washing machine ready to go when there was a full load.  

The funny thing is that when I did that, the perpetual rotten smell moved into the laundry room.  I gave up waiting for a full load and washed the liners.  When I pulled this out of the washing machine:
I discovered the true source of the stench.  

Me: "Boys, can anyone explain to me why there was a carton of milk in your boot?"
Ben: (Is anyone surprised here?) "Oh yea!  I was bringing that home from school and I thought I would carry it in my boot.  I guess I forgot about it."
(Not direct quotes, just the gist of it)

What was I thinking?  I mean it is completely logical to store an open container of milk in a boot.  It should have been the first thing I checked when those boots came off at the start of vacation!

So parents learn from my superior wisdom.  Check your kids shoes for food.  Apparently, there is no end to the wonders you will find there.

4 comments:

VermontMom said...

Please please star to write a book. You have such a way off telling these simple day to day things. You should get royalties.

Mrs Abbott said...

I found a book in the washing machine, although it was me who tossed it in there- all wrapped in a blanket.

Unknown said...

Ben thanks for letting me know that is isn't just this family that has those things happen to them!

Abby said...

Hahahah!!