Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Parenting Practices: Control

I am a pretty good cook.  I think so, my husband and children tell me so, others who eat my food assure me I am.  In fact it might be something I "pride" myself on.  I know what to do and how to do it well.  So naturally where pride is involved, humility is never too far behind.  And I am pretty sure one of the reasons God wants us to  have kids is because they are built in humility makers (I am actually kind of serious about that now that I am thinking about it, but that is a topic for another post).

So Sunday Sophie wanted to make cupcakes.  I can't stand to watch Sophie bake because she makes the recipe ALL WRONG.  She melts the butter instead of softening it.  She doesn't measure exactly.  She improvises (GASP!!) She mixes the batter then adds the eggs later.  She beats it too much or not enough.  I watch and cringe because you Just. Don't. Bake. Like. That.  

I should have a picture to go with this post, but I was too busy freaking out inside to take the time to photograph the baking venture.  And once we ate the cupcakes, darn it all if they weren't the BEST cupcakes I have had in a VERY long time.  Better than any of my cupcakes.  They are long gone and there are no cupcakes to take pictures of.  I suppose I could post a picture of an empty cupcake paper...
Instead I'll share a spring crocus from the garden.  I just have to have a picture.

1 comment:

sabofamily said...

I bake like Sophie! I just add the ingredients whenever :P
glad the cupcakes were awesome! you go, Sophie!