Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Family Friday

Aaron: Biggest news of the week for Aaron is that he met with the otolaryngologist  to investigate a possible cause for his sleep issues and constant fatigue.  I am not sure what they didn't look into this when he did a sleep study, but the good news is that Aaron's airways are MESSED up!  This is good news because there is a solution to many of the problems he has has for years (pain sneezing very uncomfortable head colds, lack of taste and smell fatigue and muscle pain...)  So sometime this summer (thank goodness he is a teacher!) Aaron will likely have surgery to correct a deviated septum that blocks both nasal passageways, to reduce the size of his enlarged turbinates, and possibly something to do with his tongue blocking his airway when he sleeps.  More info will come as we get it.  Aaron is THRILLED even with the prospect of a summer of being miserable from surgery and recovery.

Lauren: Tests are scored, grades are in, papers and applications have been filled out.  I ended my medical terminology class with an A meaning that I have successfully completed everything required to get my Allied Health Preparation Certificate.  Onward and upward!


Sophie: Dance is occupying most of Sophie's time as they approach the BIG spring performance.  For those interested Sophie will be dancing with her class as a fire bird and also as a lead dancer for another firebird dance and the ocean dance in The Little Humpback Horse Saturday June 8th Dibden Auditorium@ Johnson State College.  Time TBA .  All are welcome, though you should know that there is an entrance fee.  Oh and I felt I needed to clarify about my Tuesday post.  It was meant to be praise for Sophie and her abilities and my need to let go of things.  I don't feel venomous watching Sophie bake, I was merely painting a picture
A practice sock bun that Sophie was certain looked awful and removed as soon as she was allowed in class.
            

Ben:  More to come on this, but tonight Ben tested and passed the requirements to receive his yellow belt in taekwondo.  He has worked very hard on things that do not come naturally for him such as focus and body awareness and control.  I am very proud of him and all his hard work!
                                   

Jacob: Jacob got shafted in the photo department this week, but he also has been working hard in taekwondo.  He struggles with holding his body still, but when he does the patterns he is very good and is actually more precise than Ben.  He graduated from his dragon class (age 3-6) and moved into a brand new class created with him in mind; too old for dragons, but not quite ready to move on to tigers.  Ben better get cracking on his progression, because Jacob is catching up FAST!

Noah: Let me record for posterity that the fact that I have so many pictures of Noah is not because he is the baby or because he is the favorite.  He is just at home alone with me all day, giving me ample time to take pictures of him.
Some early morning sandbox play brought a dinner of hot rocks.  I invited him to come in for real breakfast and he informed me we had to eat rock dinner.
                        
I love finding little set ups like these and knowing that Noah's little brain has been working hard on developmentally appropriate tasks
Heard the bath running and found this...
 That is all the news for now from Craftsbury Cottage! 








1 comment:

Abby said...

Oh those cute boys in the tub!
You must be so proud of Sophie being such a dancer! I always always wanted to be a dancer~
I love Noah's little set ups! Just so so cute.

the sock bun looks amazing and you should tell sophie that I see college girls wearing them all the time because they are actually very stylish! I tried to do one on myself once but alas - my hair is too thin and short.