Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Parenting Practices: Patience and Love

I started this last night and didn't finish, so even though it is Wordless Wednesday I am posting a Parenting Practices.

I wasn't going to post today for fear of overloading on the posts, but something just happened and I think it was one of those things you have to record so that when I read it at some later date I will be able to laugh??

Monday afternoon I began making hot dog and hamburger buns for dinner.  I had class and the dough was not ready so I threw it in the fridge.

Tuesday morning I took it out and between the freezing house and the cold dough, it took all day to get it shaped and ready to bake.
Success!
Just before dinner I pulled them out of the oven and because I was baking the counters were full so I put them on the laundry room counter to cool.

I was just finishing up dinner when I looked over just in time to save the hamburger bun Noah had just given to the puppies.  Only when I went to put the bun back did I realize that Noah had moved on the the hamburger bun when he ran out of hot dog buns.

6 beautiful, delicious, warm, almost perfectly formed, time consuming hot dog buns...gone.  Not a crumb left in sight.

It is a good thing Noah is my 4th child and I have mellowed out over the years.  Otherwise, it could have been ugly.


3 comments:

Abby said...

AH! NO! Oh my you are patient Lauren. If Henry had done that I probably would have exploded inside. On the outside I would probably cry.

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabofamily said...

oh no!!!! I know how time consuming baking bread is...I feel for you! it's a dang good thing we love these kids to pieces, isn't it?