Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

L.S.N.E.D:Random; A Hint of How My Brain is Organized

I have a totally random post for today.  Mostly because it is quick and I don't have my photos from last week ready to go yet.  So here are two totally unrelated random things that maybe you didn't know...or maybe you did.

#1 Did you know that you can buy play-doh scented calogne?  I discovered this while looking at birthday/Christmas options.
http://www.amazon.com/Play-Dough-Cologne-By-Demeter/dp/B0017TKL48/ref=sr_1_87?ie=UTF8&qid=1348490347&sr=8-87&keywords=playdoh
#2 Did you know that Aaron Copeland originally called Appalachian Spring, Ballet for Martha?  Appalachian Spring is a ballet and Martha Graham danced the lead role.  Did you know that Aaron Copeland found it amusing when people told him that he captured the beauty of the Appalachians through his music because it actually refers to a source of water in a Hart Crane poem?

O Appalachian Spring! I gained the ledge;
Steep, inaccessible smile that eastward bends
And northward reaches in that violet wedge
Of Adirondacks!




That's what I was listening to this morning and I love it.

No comments: