Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Deep Thoughts: A Day of Rest

I am assuming that having a Sabbath or Day of Rest is not a common practice with many households.  For me Sunday is a day to rest from the normal rigors of the week and worship the Lord.  Some choose nature as their house of worship or higher power, some choose family (I think I would like to be part of a family that worshiped me!)  Whatever people choose, I think belief in something greater than us all is a great tool to keep us from becoming too wrapped up in our awesomeness and worth (I guess that doesn't exactly fit with my last sentence.)

So all this wordy deep thought talk is leading me to this...

If Sunday is a day of rest, why do I come home from church red in the face, sweaty, exhausted, stressed, dehydrated, nearly peeing my pants (depending on the Sunday) and ready to pass out?

I honestly think I get more exercise on Sundays working with the primary than any other day in the week.
 I totally stole this picture.  I could have had one of the kids draw a picture of what I must look like me after church but it would have taken too long.http://theworstmother.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/me-meditation/
In all seriousness.  I LOVE working with the primary.  I never thought I would, but I seriously love it.  I can't imagine having any other calling/responsibility.


No comments: