Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Reckless Recreation: Cousin Visit

Pretty much every year Aaron's brother and wife make the cross country trek from Utah to Vermont for a visit.  They are always so good to make sure to get around to visit everyone even though they have just driven for at least three days with kids who get car sick.  

We are getting closer to making our trek from Vermont to Utah to reciprocate.  Next year?  Or 2014?  We had so much fun with them so I hope sooner rather than later!  I am pretty sure that Becky and I are 98% genetically similar.  There are so many family members and friends all over Vermont and the entire USA that we are anxious to visit...time and money, time and money...Ok so here is our photographic journey through our visit.
They two were funny.  I think the fact that Becky and I are similar and Aaron and Jason are similar (though they probably don't want to admit it, they are similar unique individuals, if that makes sense,) has made the way these two have very similar ways of making facial expressions and talking, sarcasm to be specific.
This may not be the most flattering picture of Sophie with her mouth full of s'mores but look at my girl!  She is growing up so much.  It is both wonderful and frightening to see her become a young woman.
This man makes my heart go pitter patter.  He makes me smile.  I feel like I have hardly seen him this summer.  We live in the same house and I miss him.  I am going to have to do something about that.
For some reason this is the only picture I got of Becky.  She is an inspiration.  She has lost a tom of weight by exercising self control.  I would do well to follow her example.
I absolutely adore this sweet boy.  He would look up at the camera and give the sweetest smiles.
See what I mean?
And this guy.  He is a heart breaker.  The poor guy was too old to play with Maddie and Noah and too young to play with Ben, Jacob and Gavin.  Of course they all played but you could tell he felt like a 3 wheel. 
Father son bonding
These two were SO funny together.  Noah loved Maddie.  When he saw her he got so excited.  When we were in the pool and she wasn't he kept saying come on!  They were little copy cats the whole time they were together.
I asked Noah to give Maddie a kiss on the cheek and Maddie tried to kiss his cheek simultaneously.  I promise they are kissing each others cheeks not lips.
Monkey See...
Monkey do!
The cousin chair!
Again!
This was a special moment at Grammie and Grampa's house as the cousins gathered on Grammie and Grampa's bed to watch a movie.  What is incredible and bittersweet is that this is only a small portion of their grandchildren.  Maybe someday we will get a picture with all 24 (25 if you could Leah's little nugget)
These two were bored and grumpy so we played a Cummings Family favorite, "Don't you Smile"
Sophie caved and smiled
Fun was had by all.  We miss all of our other cousins from UT to D.C. to VT!  

2 comments:

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

TO NV!!!
those were great pics, I wish we could have been there. I am really really sad that it didn't work out for us to spend more time with you guys this last spring. It broke my heart. Of course, it breaks my heart even more to wonder when i will see the other cornelius family in Logan.

Becky said...

What a great post! :) I loved the picts and totally miss you guys terribly already. And Julie, since you didn't make it up this summer like we were hoping, we'll make a plan to come down there sometime maybe next summer? Lauren, I so wish that we could live next door--our kids would be the best of friends--it would be awesome. Now we just need to find Jason a job there... :)