Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

L.S.N.E.D.

Over the past several weeks since I began my class, I have fallen into a trap of treating myself like a victim.  "I have too much to do," "I can't do that because I am too busy," "That does not fall into the category of the most needful thing," "If I start that it will be too hard to finish," blah, blah, blah.... 

While some of these statements may be true, the fact that I was whiny and negative about them just dug the pit deeper.  So I slapped myself, told myself to buck up and get over myself, and went back to work.  I have learned that I have time to do anything I want to if I put my mind to it and focus.  So far I am finding great success in just having a positive attitude.  Don't expect me to post on here every day, don't expect to come to my house and find loaves of steaming hot bread lined up on my counter, but you can expect to come and see a relatively clean house, happy, clean engaged children (most of the time, I don't want to jinx myself) and mostly excellent grades in my classes.


Now for the true Learn Something New Every Day:
See these deep and core stabilizing muscles? 
And these muscles of the hip and thighs...
I have learned that they are a pain in the butt.  Literally.  I never realized how much I moved as a stay at home mom until I started this class.  I have to sit all the time.  I sit to study, I sit to drive to class, I sit in class and now I can't sit.  It hurts because my muscles and bones are not used to sitting.  If the muscles aren't happy the bones aren't happy and if the bones aren't happy the muscles aren't happy.  Why do these darn bodies have to be so interconnected!  I know what I have to do to fix it, but I have to get past the hurt to be able to do it.  Until then when you see me, I will most likely be on my feet!

1 comment:

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

So, I just want to say that taking classes (12 or 15 credits) during a fall or spring semester with one child was really really hard. Taking summer semester (6-12) credits with one child was almost impossible and. . . nothing got done other than school and mothering. So, this being said, having FOUR CHILDREN and a large house to manage, garden, livestock, must really leave you feeling like you are . . . a total mess. You are too busy! So, you are right in trying to use a positive outlook kon things, but this is the first time since having children that I have been able to pick up a book or a sewing project and it is because I am not in school. :-) I have my associates degree in business and I am going to stick with that until the kidsies are older.