Search This Blog

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday was a quiet day.  Actually no it wasn't.  There were six kids running around begging to go in the pool, or have a snack or play Legos, or do a baking project or.......Meanwhile Aaron spent almost all day in the blazing sun and humidity, working on the new addition.  I was inside cleaning, tending to aforementioned rugrats and making curtains for the downstairs bathroom.

What was quiet about yesterday was that it was our 11th anniversary.  I guess that is what 11th anniversaries are like.  Busy.  We are in the thick of the prime of our lives.  We are settled enough that we can be building an addition, but not so settled that we have loads of cash laying around for romantic getaways or jewelry or flowers or restaurants.


Instead at 10:00 when all of the kids were finally asleep (actually every single one of them were still awake) we went for a quick dip in the pool which was SO refreshing after a slimy hot day and then we watched Arrested Development on Netflix while we ate one of our favorite meals, chicken and broccoli aglio e olio.  Topped off with a bowl of ice cream and oreos.


So here's to a marriage where love remains even when things aren't luxurious or extravagant, where love thrives on the most basic of human needs, companionship.  To my one true love, Aaron
Pre- Marriage
July 6, 2001, the big day!
2001, very newly pregnant on a french class trip to Montreal.
2002 Sophie was a newborn I think.  See how young and innocent we still look?
I can't remember when in 2003.  I was newly pregnant with Ben I think.  We are on our way to church.
Halloween 2004
Aaron graduates from Johnson State College May 2005
Christmas 2006
2007 Family Portrait in the Apple Orchard
2008 I think this was the first time we had gone back to the Boston temple since we got married there.
July 2009 anniversary trip to Boston
July 18, 2010 The day we went home with all four of our children.  Honestly looking through my albums to find all these pictures,we have accomplished a great many things together.  College, home, vehicles, crafting etc... but the greatest accomplishment we have achieved together are these four gorgeous, fun, intelligent, sweet and all together amazing children God has given us.
July 2011 On our anniversary trip to Connecticut
June 10, 2012  Ben's Baptism

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Congrats on 11 years. Beautiful pictures, Lauren :)

Mama Ash Grove said...

Lauren, I love this post, I love you,and I love that you married my brother!
I love your words on marriage- they went deep into my heart. Because that is it- a marriage where love remains though it may not be the most extravagant, glamorous, "perfect" life. This is what marriage is about, a partner to walk with hand in hand, through thick and thin, forever and ever.
Love you two, Mel

Abby said...

I love this! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary.
That's one good looking family you have there Lauren!
I love you!

Julie Cornelius-Huang said...

CRIED!! (I'm really hormonal today and even teared up at the end of "how to train your dragon", and cried to one of hannah's blog posts).

Becky said...

Awesome! (That would be describing 11 years, 4 fabulous children, marriage in general, and of course the two of you!) Thanks for sharing!