Search This Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Reckless Recreation: Home Improvements

Last week I had the crazy idea to rip the carpet out of the living room.  Then during vacation we painted the office.  Here is what the living room looked like before we bought it:
This is after Aaron built the office and before I took out the carpet.
Painted and no carpet.  The yellow is growing on us but I would still like to do a texture or a glaze to tone it down.  The living room will be a blue grey, kind of a slate color but lighter.  The floor will be something neutral, maybe a light brown.  So what do you think?  Too yellow?  Or a nice touch of color?
I am trying to figure out if all the different colors on one level are too much.  I am glad I took these pictures though because it gives me a different perspective.
Hopefully within the next month we will paint the floors, the bathroom and the stairs.  Then the next project will hopefully be tearing off the porch and building a new addition.

2 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Lauren, I LOVE THE YELLOW.

Abby said...

Love it! It is bright and fun. I can't wait to see it all in person!