Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bust a Move Saturday: A Plan

I have a plan.  It may just be that I am verbally processing but it is a start.  I have lost everything I gained fitness wise last summer.  I can hardly walk let alone run.  My muscles are weak and stiff.  I am going to have to ease into this process.
My friend Molly had a great idea for an incentive program involving tracking the miles we run/walk.  Here is my take on the idea.  I really want to go to Maine.  Vermont is my homeland but Maine is in my blood.  So I chart the miles I run/walk and by the end of the year I have gone 300 miles to Maine.  Sounds crazy right?  But that is less than 1 mile a day.  One mile is to my neighbor's driveway and back.  I can do that!  

View Larger Map



336 miles by March of 2013
My schedule
Monday=Ballet Class, no miles but good strength training
Tuesday=Walk/Run either at 6:00 a.m. or at 4:00 when Aaron gets home from school+Daily Dozen x1
Wednesday=Denise Austin Daily Dozen x2
Thurdays=Walk/Run at 6:00 a.m. or at 4:00 when Aaron gets home+Daily Dozen x1
Fridays=Walk/Run 6:00 a.m. or with Aaron for date night
Saturday=Walk/Run+Daily Dozen x1
Sunday=A Day of Rest.  I will probably do stretches because if I don't my hands go numb.

I am temporarily abandoning Zumba.  It is an excellent workout and I love to dance but our particular instructor uses pretty suggestive music and moves and I am just not hat sexy.  Plus we are trying to save for the new addition and I am already paying for ballet.

So as a recap:  Craftsbury to Machais Maine by March of 2013, approximately 30 miles a month, 1 mile a day.  I am going to start with lost of strength training and walking then move up to running.  That's the plan.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Abby said...

So is the plan to take a trip to Maine as a reward at the end?